Mission Statement | Employment | Locations | Your Library Card | Board of Trustees | Library History | Closings | What is Your Library Worth to You | Support Your Library
The District's mission is to respond to the dynamics of a rapidly changing community by providing access to reliable sources of information, education, research, technology and entertainment as well as programs and services in support of these areas with prompt professional service in a welcoming environment.
Rampart Library District is NOT accepting applications at this time as there are no current openings.
When there are current openings, you will find them here.
If you reside or pay property taxes in Teller County School District RE 2 you are eligible to receive a resident Rampart Library District card. We also issue Colorado Library Cards, and Visitor cards.
In order to receive your library card, please bring a current Colorado Driver’s License, or your current out of state Driver’s License and verification of your mailing address, such as a piece of mail or utility bill.
Replacements for lost cards may be purchased for $2.00.
Checkout loan periods
Books 21 days
Books on Tape/CD 21 days
Music CDs 21 days
Videos/DVDs 7 days
All items except Interlibrary Loans and Homeschooling may be renewed for two additional loan periods, unless the item has been put “On Hold” by another patron. Renewals may be made in person, by phone or online.
Fines for Overdue Materials
Books $ .10/day
Books on Tape/CD $ .10/day
Music CDs $ .10/day
Books, Books on Tape/CD, Music CDs have a grace period of 3 days.
Videos/DVDs have a grace period of 1 day.
If the item is returned after the grace period, the fine will be assessed beginning the day after the original due date.
Sylvia Moody, Board Chair Sandra King, Vice Chair
Carol Thomas, Sec./Treas.
Elise Tiedt - Susan Frindt - Carol Holcomb - Linda Appelbaum
Anne Knowles, Director
Rampart Library District Board of Trustees
Meets the 2nd Tuesday Evening of each month at 5:00 p.m. in the Sharon R. Quay Board Room of the Woodland Park Public Library unless otherwise posted in the Woodland Park Public Library and the Florissant Public Library.
· 1966 - Building at corner of Memorial Park (Clothes Closet building) with donated books served as the Woodland Memorial Library.
· 1968 – City of Woodland Park made the Library a line item and began paying for staff and collection.
· 1976 – Library became a Special District and district mil levy paid for staff, collection, and operation.
· 1977 – Moved into building across from Post Office. Building donated by Masons and moved onto City property.
· A former Board member ran a small library in the corner of the Florissant Grange for which the District donated some books.
· 1980 – Community of Florissant requested a branch library. The Florissant Branch of Rampart Library District opened in the Community Building provided by the County, which also housed the Volunteer Fire Department.
· 1983 – Woodland Park Library purchased and moved to log cabin at 811 Lafayette.
· 1995 – Florissant Community Building was sold and Florissant Library moved into building behind Florissant Grange (rented from Grange).
· 2001 – Mil levy and bond issue passed for the District, providing funds to build and operate new libraries in Woodland Park and Florissant.
· 2001 – Intergovernmental agreement between the District and the City of Woodland Park for land for the new Woodland Park Public Library at 218 East Midland Avenue.
· 2001 – Intergovernmental agreement between the District and the Teller County Board of Commissioners for land for new Florissant Public Library at 334 Circle Drive.
· 2003 – November, new Woodland Park Public Library opens (29,000 square feet).
· 2004 – April, new Florissant Public Library opens (6700 square feet).
In 2013 we will continue to have holiday and special closings but there will be fewer than in 2012. Thank you for your understanding and support.
Closings for 2013 - Fourth Quarter
November 24 for New Library System Implementation
November 28, 29 for Thanksgiving Holiday
December 23 thru 25 for Christmas Holiday
December 30, thru January 1, 2014 for New Years