Mission Statement |Annual Report | Employment | Locations | Your Library Card | Board of Trustees | Library History | Closures | What is Your Library Worth to You | Support Your Library| Volunteer @ Your Library
The District’s mission is to respond to the dynamics of a rapidly changing community by providing access to reliable sources of information, education, research, technology and entertainment as well as programs and services in support of these areas with prompt professional service in a welcoming environment.
Please click here for employment information for the Rampart Library District.
|218 E. Midland Avenue
P.O. Box 336
Woodland Park, CO 80866
|Tuesday-Thursday||10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.|
|Friday||10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.|
|Saturday||10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.|
Florissant Public Library
334 Circle Drive
P.O. Box 252
Florissant, CO 80816
10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
|Wed.,Thu., Fri.||10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|Saturday||10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.|
To get a library card you must be a resident in the RE-2 School District or have a current library card from any Colorado Library Card (CLC) library. Please visit either of our libraries (Woodland Park or Florissant) and bring a current/valid photo ID and proof of a local address.
Acceptable photo IDs include: driver’s license, passport, military or school ID or any other government-issued identification
Acceptable forms for proof of address include: driver’s license, check book, car registration, voter registration, postmarked mail with your name on it, utility deposit receipt or bill, mortgage or lease agreement
We honor cards from other Colorado libraries as part of the Colorado Library Card (CLC) project. A card from the Rampart Library District will be issued with proof of address to these cardholders.
Replacement library cards cost $2.oo.
Checkout loan periods
|Books on Tape/CD||21 days|
|Music CDs||21 days|
All items except Interlibrary Loans and Homeschooling may be renewed for two additional loan periods, unless the item has been put “On Hold” by another patron. Renewals may be made in person, by phone or online.
Fines for Overdue Materials
|Books on Tape/CD||$ .10/day|
|Music CDs||$ .10/day|
Books, Books on Tape/CD, Music CDs have a grace period of 3 days.
Videos/DVDs have a grace period of 1 day.
If the item is returned after the grace period, the fine will be assessed beginning the day after the original due date.
Sandra King, Board Chair
Carol Thomas, Vice Chair
Carol Holcomb, Sec./Treas.
Susan Frindt, Member
Linda Appelbaum, Member
Sherry Carr, Member
Sue Griswold, Member
Anne Knowles, Director
Rampart Library District Board of Trustees meets the 2nd Tuesday evening of each month at 5:00 p.m. in the Sharon R. Quay Board Room of the Woodland Park Public Library unless otherwise posted in the Woodland Park Public Library and the Florissant Public Library.
- 1966 – Building at corner of Memorial Park (Clothes Closet building) with donated books served as the Woodland Memorial Library.
- 1968 – City of Woodland Park made the Library a line item and began paying for staff and collection.
- 1976 – Library became a Special District and district mil levy paid for staff, collection, and operation.
- 1977 – Moved into building across from Post Office. Building donated by Masons and moved onto City property. A former Board member ran a small library in the corner of the Florissant Grange for which the District donated some books.
- 1980 – Community of Florissant requested a branch library. The Florissant Branch of Rampart Library District opened in the Community Building provided by the County, which also housed the Volunteer Fire Department.
- 1983 – Woodland Park Library purchased and moved to log cabin at 811 Lafayette.
- 1995 – Florissant Community Building was sold and Florissant Library moved into building behind Florissant Grange (rented from Grange). 2001 – Mil levy and bond issue passed for the District, providing funds to build and operate new libraries in Woodland Park and Florissant.
- 2001 – Intergovernmental agreement between the District and the City of Woodland Park for land for the new Woodland Park Public Library at 218 East Midland Avenue.
- 2001 – Intergovernmental agreement between the District and the Teller County Board of Commissioners for land for new Florissant Public Library at 334 Circle Drive.
- 2003 – November, new Woodland Park Public Library opens (29,000 square feet).
- 2004 – April, new Florissant Public Library opens (6700 square feet).
The Rampart Library District will be closed if the RE-2 School District closes due to weather conditions.
Holiday Closures for 2015
January 1, 2015 for New Years
January 19 for Martin Luther King Jr. Day
February 16 for Presidents’ Day
April 5 for Easter
May 24 & 25 for Memorial Day
July 3 & 4 for Independence Day
August 1 & 2 for the Mountain Arts Festival (Woodland Park only)
September 6 & 7 for Labor Day
September 19-20 for OctoberFest (Woodland Park only)
October 12 for Columbus Day
November 11 for Veteran’s Day
November 26 & 27 for Thanksgiving
December 24 & 25 for Christmas
December 31 for New Year’s Eve
Volunteer @ Your Library!
Interested in volunteering? Click here!