Support Your Library
Rampart Library District Foundation -
Our libraries enrich the lives of everyone in our community regardless of age, social or economic status. We need your help to supplement tax revenues and provide additional resources and services that benefit everyone. You can help our libraries stay strong by making a gift to the RLD Foundation.
Any donation is appreciated and will be used towards ways to better serve the community. To make a donation print a donation form and return to either branch of the Rampart Library District.
Honorary/ Memorial Donations
Make a donation in honor or memory of a family member, friend, teacher, pet, etc.
Donations can be made in memory or in honor of a friend, family member, teacher, pet, or any other significant person in your life. You may request a specific item, or request the item to be chosen in a particular subject matter. When your gift is received, the library will send a letter notifying the individual or the individual’s family of the gift, a bookplate will be placed in the item purchased, and you will receive a letter of acknowledgment.
To make your donation, please print, complete and return the Donation Memorial Form.
Donate Gently Used Books and Materials
The Library District accepts gently used books and materials. Donations made to the District are tax deductible as the law allows.
Do you have books, videos, DVD's, music CD's, or audio books that you wish to donate to the library? We appreciate your interest because donations help stretch our budget dollars and add to the library's resources.
Here are a few guidelines:
- Only "gently used" materials in good to excellent condition can be accepted.
- Donations become the property of the library. Items may be added to the collection, put in the Friends of the Library book sale, donated to another library or organization, or disposed of at the library's discretion.
- Donations will be evaluated by the Collection Development Committee for addition to the collection subject to the same criteria as purchased materials.
- Receipts are available for tax purposes but the library staff cannot place a value on donated materials.
- Items that cannot be accepted include catalogues, magazines (including National Geographics) videos with NR-17 or X ratings, encyclopedias or textbooks over 10 years old and Readers' Digest condensed books.
- Book plates acknowledging the donor cannot be put in donated materials. The Honorary/Memorial book program is in place for formal recognition.
Thank you very much for considering a donation of materials to the Library District. A copy of the Rampart Library District's full donation policy is available at the circulation desk.